Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad. Take advantage of the end of the winter citrus season by making this pretty party-worthy salad, which is topped with crunchy Marcona almonds. Take advantage of whatever looks best at the farmers' market. The fruits can be combined with the dressing up to two hours in advance and left at cool.
In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, sieved egg whites and yolks, and almonds. In a large bowl, combine honey, orange juice, lemon juice and minced mint, and mix well with a fork or whisk. Place a lettuce leaf on each salad plate and divide fruit among them. You can cook Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad
- Prepare 3 cup of mixed baby greens.
- You need 1 each of orange.
- It’s 3 each of dates.
- It’s 1 each of grapefruit.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of pomegtante seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almond marcona.
Using your knife, remove the peel, following the contour of the fruit and making sure to remove all the white pith. Sweet Potato & Broccoli Salad with Chopped Apples. ½ cup roughly chopped Specially Selected Marcona almonds, divided*. *These are ALDI Finds items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available. With a juice extractor, juice the lemons, orange, and shallots, using the entire fruit with the peel, and pour If you don't have a juicer, you can juice the citrus by hand, and then finely chop the shallot and add to. Marcona almonds, the "Queen of Almonds," are imported from Spain.
Citrus Fruit Marcona Almond Salad instructions
- Used mixed citrus fruit for added color..
- Cut the rind and pith of citrus fruit. (orange).
- Slice 2 thin slices, and put to side..
- Cut rind and pith of citrus fruit. (grapefruit).
- Slice 2 thin slices, and put aside..
- Remove pit from dates..
- Slice each date in half and then again into thin strips..
- Clean pomegranate wedge over bowl of water, break apart and let seeds fall to bottom of bowl..
- Drain. Set aside..
- Thinly slice parmigiano..
- Lay out salad onto serving platter..
- Put salad in large bowl, add salt if desired..
- Pour a very light drizzle around the inside of the bowl..
- Gently toss the leaves to evenly coat..
- Place on plate..
- Add lemon juice if desired..
- Add all ingredients by gently stuffing into the leaves..
They are shorter, rounder, softer, and sweeter than the California variety. Marcona almonds are a type of sweet, gourmet almond from Spain that is very popular in Mediterranean countries. In addition to Marcona, I've got Primavera, Nikitia's Pride, and Javid's Iranian Almond. I'm a little worried the last one might be dead, unfortunately. So if it sets fruit, I will be getting almond hybrid seedlings this year.