Stir Fried Bitter Melon *Vegan. This stir fried bitter melon dish is quick, tasty, and healthy. Itwill surprise you with its beautiful simplicity and rich flavor. After you've cut it properly, you'll parboil the bitter melon first.
Bitter-melon Vegetarian Stir-fry with Tofu. cookingwithnancy. BITTER MELON DIABETES BITTER GOURD Goya Chanpuru ゴーヤ Karela bitter gourd कड़वा तरबूज करेले के Vegan Vietnamese Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup [ Canh Khổ Qua Chay ] COLLAB w VeganLovlie. Thai recipe for Stir Fried Bitter Melon. You can have Stir Fried Bitter Melon *Vegan using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir Fried Bitter Melon *Vegan
- It’s 2 of bitter melon (light green bitter melon is less bitter).
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion or 5 shallots.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of long red chili.
- You need 4 of spicy chili (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of cms galangal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cookong oil.
How it's really made in Thailand. When you succeed, you'll be rewarded with a soft but not mushy texture and a perfect fish sauce aroma and taste balancing a delightful twang of bitterness. Bitter melon helps to clear away and relieve heat, thus very good in hot climates. In addition, it has the effects of sharpening the appetite, nourishing the These benefits make stir-fried bitter melon a very healthy dish, which is suitable for everyone, especially those with diabetes, cancer, and heat rash.
Stir Fried Bitter Melon *Vegan step by step
- Chop onion and garlics, slice bitted melon, tomato, chilies and galangal, put aside (you can soak sliced bitter melon im salt watef for 30 mnts to 1 hour to reduce the bitter taste..
- Pre-heat a sauce pan, pour cooking oil, wait until its hot, cook onion and garlic, stir it well until the aroma comes out. Put chilies, bay leaves, galangal, and tomato in, stir it well. Sprinkle salt, sugar, and pepper, put bitter melon in, stir it until it mixes well. Pour some water in and wait until its cooked well. (When the bitter melon turns soft it means its cooked well) try the taste..
- Enjoy it with bread or steamed rice..
Bitter melon — also known as bitter gourd or Momordica charantia — is a tropical vine that belongs to the gourd family and is closely related to zucchini, squash, pumpkin, and cucumber. It's cultivated around the world for its edible fruit, which is considered a staple in many types of Asian cuisine. I had always seen bitter melon at the market, but had never tried it. I assumed it would be bitter (duh, right?), but I didn't realize just how bitter…. My mistake for taking it One and a half days later I braved bitter melon again.