You can cook Lamb Madras using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb Madras
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 500 g of lamb (I used lamb leg steaks but any lamb will be nice).
- You need 1 cup of Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam Masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare of Curry.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Large thumb size piece of ginger.
- You need 2 of Birdseye chillis.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 of water using tin of tomatoes.
- It’s Squeeze of tomato purée.
- Prepare Squeeze of honey.
- It’s 1 of lamb stock cube (any will do if you haven’t got lamb).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk (optional and can be replaced with yoghurt if you haven’t got any).
- Prepare Half of a bag of spinach leaves (optional).
- It’s of Fresh coriander stalks and leaves.
- You need of Spices:.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam Masala.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tamarind (optional- don’t worry if you don’t have it).
Lamb Madras step by step
- Start by marinading lamb for a few hours using the marinade ingredients. I leave it in a tupperware in the fridge for at least 3 hours..
- To make the curry sauce cook your diced onions in some olive oil till softened. Then add garlic, ginger and chilli. Then add your spices and cook for a couple of mins. Then add everything else. Simmer for 30 mins or so then pulse the sauce with a hand blender (don’t over blitz so it’s too smooth as it’s nice to have some texture). I also blitz in the same pot I am cooking the sauce in- just be careful not to scratch your pan..
- Meanwhile, get a hot non stick pan and brown your lamb in hot oil for a few minutes only. Don’t cook the lamb just brown it..
- Transfer your lamb to the sauce and leave it to cook on the lowest heat for a couple of hours with the lid on. Stir in between a few times and take lid off to thicken. Towards the end of cooking (when the rice is on), add the fresh coriander (stalks and leaves) and spinach leaves. Serve and enjoy 💕.