Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake. Rich and loaded with sausage, veggies and cheese, this family-pleasing dish will soon become a favorite. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer.
This recipe is an adaptation of one created by Tamasin Day-Lewis, the Stevie Nicks of British cookery. A casserole recipe that she credits to the British food writer Jane Grigson has just four ingredients — sausage, cabbage, butter and pepper. I love a good, quick pasta meal. You can have Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake
- You need 3 cups of fettuccine noodles.
- It’s 2 jars of your fave pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 of sausages, casing removed (I used mild).
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
A recipe collection can never have enough of them so add this one. This creamy pasta, sausage & tomato skillet meal is very. Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package. Hot Italian sausage is a definite option here and would go especially well with the flavor of the olives, but if you live on the "mild" side, by all means, use the mild sweet version!
Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake step by step
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta el dente. Once cooked, drain and set aside in colander.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg together with the ricotta cheese and set aside..
- In the same pot, brown the sausage meat. Then add your onion, mushroom and zucchini. Cook 8 min.
- Add tomato paste and your salt, pepper and herbs. Stir to combine. Add your jarred pasta sauce. Let everything cool for a few mins..
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot with the sauce and stir well until all the pasta is coated in the sauce..
- In a baking dish, pour half the pasta in the dish, top with half the ricotta mixture and then half the shredded cheese. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs on top. Set in 400°F oven for 35 min until bubbly, melty and slightly browned..
Upgrade your dinner with this easy Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Fettuccini recipe. Season pot with additional salt for pasta and cook fettuccine according to package directions until al dente. Fettuccine pasta with a rich and creamy, tomato and Italian sausage sauce. All I had to do was read the ingredient list of this recipe and my father was half-way out the door to the store to buy the fettuccine. In a large stainless steel. skillet, saute the sausage over moderately high heat until . covered.