Toni's Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! You can cook Toni's Shepherds Pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toni's Shepherds Pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground veal.
- It’s 4 of russet potatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- You need 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- You need 1 medium of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- It’s 2 tsp of evoo.
My easy shepherd's pie recipe A traditional Shepherd's Pie in the UK, is made with minced lamb, a pie made with ground beef is. Patrick's Day Special: Irish Shepherd's Pie (the real one, not the The real mystery is why the beef version is called "Cottage Pie," and not "Cowboy Pie," or "Rancher's Pie." Toni (Alaska) says: Fellow cooks, please have some tolerance for one another. Shepherd's Pie can be whatever you want it to be. Mine is plain old American Shepherd's Pie.
Toni's Shepherds Pie instructions
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.
My recipe was made up out of. This recipe for Shepherd's Pie in the Ninja Foodi is one of the easiest and quickests meals to make and it tastes delicious! Great for beginners or advanced users. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute beef for an Freezer-Friendly Shepherd's Pie. Spoon the lentil mixture into a medium pie dish and top with the champ.