Baked Sweet Potato Chips. A mandoline or a hand-held slicer will quickly turn out thin, even slices of sweet potato, although a sharp knife and a steady hand will also work fine. Satisfy your craving for potato chips in a MUCH healthier way. I wanted to make them baked, not fried.
There is no need to add syrup or marshmallows to them Baked sweet potatoes are the perfect, healthy side dish in the fall months. They are also great stuffed as a main dish, like this. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of several essential vitamins and minerals, and they're also jam packed full of antioxidants that help to keep disease at bay. You can have Baked Sweet Potato Chips using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- You need 4-5 of small or medium sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It’s of Fresh Rosemary.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Tip for Crispy Sweet Potato Chips Every Time. Don't layer your chips on top of each other on the baking sheet. Baked Sweet Potato Chips – Healthy, gluten free, chips, these whole food snack are REAL sweet potatoes. Sweet potato chips are a great healthy side dish that can go with just about anything!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips step by step
- First, wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice them with a knife or slicer into chips. Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible to maximize the crispiness potential!.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake them at a high temperature for about 20 minutes instead of baking them at a lower temperature for a longer period. A long, low bake (say 375°F or below) will result in tender sweet potatoes, but never crisp..
- Next add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, and rosemary. Toss until coated well..
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Spread the sweet potato slices into a single, even layer, leaving space around each slice. When too many ingredients are on one baking sheet, the heat from the sheet gets trapped under the food and creates steam, and the sweet potato slices will be tender instead of crisp..
- Let the sweet potato chips cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes after you take them out of the oven..
They are so easy and so much better than store-bought (deep fried) chips. This Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is a go to for a fun and delicious but HEALTHY side dish. Healthy Potato Chips made in the Power Air Fryer Oven In large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. This baked sweet potato recipe is one of the best sweet potato recipes ever!