Almond Crescent cookies.
You can cook Almond Crescent cookies using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Crescent cookies
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter – softened at room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioners/powdered sugar **plus more for rolling, about 1/2 cup.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of finely ground blanched almonds.
Almond Crescent cookies instructions
- In a large bowl beat butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar (the 1/2cup) and cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add extract and beat until combined..
- Sift the flour and gradually stir it into the cream mixture add almonds and mix together until it forms a dough. Shape dough into a ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Line cookie/ baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Non traditional method: Cut dough into four sections. Working with one section at a time, pinch off pieces of dough and with clean hands form into a log. Shape into crescents, pinching ends. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining dough..
- Traditional method: Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Flour hands and work surface. Shape each piece of dough into a roll about a 1/2 an inch thick. Cut each roll into 2 inch pieces. Place on cookie sheet and shape each piece into crescents, gently pinching ends..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crescents start to faintly brown. Remove from oven and cool on wrack..
- When crescents are completely cooled, place remaining powdered sugar in a dish, add crescents, one at a time, and cover in powdered sugar. Repeat until all crescents are coated..
- Store in airtight container..