Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling. These streusel-topped blueberry cream cheese muffins are super soft, packed with plump blueberries, and filled with a cream cheese So when I was craving some blueberry muffins and I reached in the fridge for the butter and saw a package of unopened cream cheese, I knew what had. These blueberry cream cheese muffins are probably the BEST muffins I've ever had, no joke! Soft and fluffy blueberry muffins topped with streusel How to Make Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins.
Meanwhile for filling, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and rum. Spread the bottoms of the muffins with the filing and replace the upper halves. These delightful blueberry cream cheese muffins are like eating blueberry cheesecake for breakfast!!! You can cook Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- You need 2 cup of fresh blueberries.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of lemon juice & lemon zest.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lavender flowers, coarsely crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need 3 tbsp of slivered almonds.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Filling.
- Prepare 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turbanado sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of lavender flowers.
Cut out a hole in each baked blueberry cream cheese muffin with a spoon, and fill. There will be leftover blueberry cheesecake filling… you can use the rest to top other things, like. For the longest time I've enjoyed a break in the afternoon. It's typically when I am TOTALLY run down from the I used a full pint of blueberries to ensure they were loaded with goodness.
Lavender Almond Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 muffin pans with parchment paper muffin cups or regular muffin liners..
- Cream all wet ingredients with brown and white sugar..
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Fold in lavender flowers and almonds..
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients being careful not to over mix. Carefully fold in blueberries..
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese, egg, almond extract and sugar..
- Make a small indention with a spoon or your finger and add 1 tsp of cream cheese filling to each muffin center. Top with a sprinkle of turbanado sugar and a few lavender flowers each muffin top..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and tops start to slightly brown around the edges..
These blueberry cream cheese muffins are PERFECT with coffee or tea! Feel free to throw in other fruits like strawberries or peaches! With cream cheese and buttermilk in the batter, you can do no wrong!! Maybe do a banana muffin with cream cheese filling (<- that one might just have to happen yet!), or something even more adventurous. There are so many good things in here — lemon, blueberries, whole grains, and the Greek yogurt and cream cheese add a richness that makes them extra special.