Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly). To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. Top with butter, drizzle with warm pancake syrup, and sprinkle with blueberries. How to Freeze French Toast Sticks.
Place french toast sticks after dipping and battering on a lightly greased parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart. Make it a freezer meal NOTE: To freeze, let the sticks cool slightly and transfer baking sheet to freezer. Place the french toast sticks onto the cookie sheet, leaving some space between them. You can cook Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly)
- Prepare 8 slices of thick-cut Texas toast bread.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- You need of Maple syrup, for serving.
This easy recipe for baked french toast sticks is the perfect breakfast treat! Great for dunking in warm maple syrup AND freezer friendly! I am a BIG fan of quick and easy breakfast recipes. These French toast sticks fall right into that category.
Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it with cooking spray..
- Cut each slice of bread into three sticks widthwise..
- In a large shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract..
- Dip each stick of bread in the egg mixture, coating it on all sides, then shake off the excess and arrange it on the baking sheet. Repeat the dipping process, arranging the French toast sticks on the baking sheet so that they aren’t touching..
- Bake the French toast sticks for 12 minutes then flip them once, spray them lightly with cooking spray and return them to the oven for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through..
- Remove the French toast sticks from the oven and serve warm with maple syrup..
- To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. To reheat, remove frozen French toast sticks from the freezer and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until warmed through. (I did some in sandwich bags then the ziplock bag, that way I can just pull one or two bags out, or the kids can just grab them).
- This was frozen for 3-4 days before I used any… this worked out great, now the kids can grab and go lol and make their own…..
Stack and slice the Texas toast into thirds. To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) ggxpress. Crack the eggs into a pie plate. Whisk lightly until combined; set aside.