Turkey Egg Noodle Bake. Turkey noodle casserole with egg noodles, leftover turkey, shallots, celery, and a white sauce with Gruyere, mustard, and tarragon. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Every year we start our Thanksgiving planning with the best of intentions. Put the turkey in a bowl and add half the sauce and stir the other half into the cooked noodles.
This turkey and noodle casserole recipe is an excellent way to use leftover turkey. Or you might choose to make it with chicken or ham. Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions. You can cook Turkey Egg Noodle Bake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Egg Noodle Bake
- It’s 1 package of egg noodles (16 ounce).
- You need of Salt for boiling water.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, slices.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 packages (16 ounce) of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 2 of soup cans milk.
- Prepare of Canola oil cooking spray.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole is an easy meal to throw together. Add the cut up turkey and broccoli. Add the cheddar cheese and stir. In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
Turkey Egg Noodle Bake instructions
- Sauté sliced onion and green pepper in a pan that has been coated in olive oil, then add in minced garlic, sauté for several more minutes……..
- Add to veggies both packs of ground turkey, sauté until turkey is browned……..
- Add in your black pepper and thyme, sauté well…….
- In a pot boil your egg noodles in salted water, drain well and set to the side…….
- Now add in both cans of condensed soups and the soup cans of milk, mix well……
- Add to ground turkey mixture drained egg noodles, stir well……
- Place mixture in a baking pan that has been coated with canola oil cooking spray…..
- Add your 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top……
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese has melted…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!!!.
Countless versions of turkey noodle casserole abound in Southern community cookbooks and recipe boxes, but I think this one is the very best. There is not much to it: just a creamy cheddar béchamel tossed with noodles, turkey, and veggies, all baked to perfection. It's comfort food at it's finest. Ground Turkey Egg Noodle Casserole Recipes. It's not as high quality as homemade chicken stock or store bought base, but it will save quite a bit of money on steps like this.