Plantain frittata. Plantain Frittata is a delicious breakfast of plantain and eggs cooked slightly different. Click here to Pin this Plantain frittata recipe to your board. This dish is one of the easiest breakfast recipe you can think of.kids love it, adults love it and I am pretty certain that you will love it too!
You'll want to make this over and. Enjoy this scrumptious frittata for any meal of the day! This will make it easy to grab the skin of the plantains. You can cook Plantain frittata using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain frittata
- You need 2 of big plantains.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of big green bell pepper.
- It’s of I big red bell pepper.
- It’s of Chopped habanero pepper.
- You need 3 of small tomatoes.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Curry and Thyme.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of sausage sticks (diced).
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Chopped onions.
- It’s of Ginger and garlic paste.
Slit a shallow line down the long seam of the plantain, peel only as deep as the peel. This plantain frittata calls for ripe plantain which is slowly simmered in a herby and cheesy egg mixture for a nutrient-dense & healthy breakfast. Plantain frittata is packed with goodness, great for children and adults. Here is an easy recipe you can follow to make for you and your family.
Plantain frittata step by step
- Wash the plantain and dice. Slice the red, green bell pepper and the sausage. Chop the onions and pepper..
- On medium heat, place a frying pan and add enough vegetable oil to fry the plantain until golden brown. Strain on a paper towel..
- Reduce the oil used in frying the plantain to about 3 tablespoons and saute the chopped onions for about 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic paste. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. Then add the diced tomatoes and habanero pepper. Fry for about 4 minutes. Add seasoning, curry thyme and salt to taste. Add the sausage, green and red bell peppers. Saute for about a minute..
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs, whisk, add the sausage n pepper mix and whisk thoroughly. You can adjust the salt and seasoning at this point..
- Grease an oven / baking dish with margarine or butter. Gently transfer the egg/pepper/ sausage mix into the dish. Arrange the fried plantain at the top. Finally, garnish with green and red bell peppers..
- Place in a 200 degrees centigrade preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm to the touch. Serve hot and enjoy 😋..
You will LOVE this Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe! Leftover plantains are paired with eggs, chives and spring onion to make a great addition to any grab-and-go moment. Plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe you should try. It is different, easy to prepare and of course very delicious. Don't just fry your plantain and eggs separately, try this recipe!