Meatloaf Style Meatballs. Learn how to make Prison-Style Meatloaf! I hope you enjoy this Special "Prison-Style" Meatball Loaf Recipe! About Italian-style meatballs and meatloaves, with recipes.
Enjoy these potato nuggets stuffed beef meatballs that are made with Progresso® bread crumbs. The Italian style versus the American Meatloaf! I do tweak it one tiny bit. You can cook Meatloaf Style Meatballs using 28 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Style Meatballs
- You need of For Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, whole.
- It’s of salted water or chicken broth, enough to cover potatos for cooking them.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream, warmed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For Meatballs.
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground meatloaf mix (a combination of ground beef, pork and veal).
- It’s 1 of hot italian sausage, casing removed.
- Prepare 1 slice of soft bread, made into crumbs.
- You need 1/4 of cuo heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ketcup.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of For Serving.
- It’s of Spicy ketcup, marinara sauce and/or cheese sauce for dipping.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped chive.
Meatloaf Meatballs are bite sized appetizers that have all the flavor you love in a classic meatloaf recipe. Our family loves meatballs and they make such a great party appetizer. The main point of this prison-style meatloaf video is to show you what happens when you make meatloaf like your grandparents did. I did an Italian meatball-inspired version, which was quite nice.
Meatloaf Style Meatballs instructions
- Cook potatoes and whole garlic cloves in water or broth until tender, drain well..
- Push potatoes and garlic through a ricer into a bowl.
- Add remaining potato ingredients and combine well, set aside.
- Make Meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 375, line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small skillet heat butter and add shallot and garlic and cook on low until soft, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs with cream and let soak while preparing meat.
- In a large bowl combine ground meat and italian sausage with all remaining ingredients, add cooled shallot and garlic and bread crumbs including any liquid if there is any. Mix with fork or your hands until well combined.
- Assemble Meatballs.
- Roll mashed potato mixture into tablespoon full balls.
- Roll the meat mixture into 2 inch balls.
- Flatten each meatball into a disk and place a potato ball in the center.
- Completely enclose potato with meat.
- Place on prepared baking pan and bake about 30 minutes until meat is cooked throigh.
- Serve with dipping sauces on the side.
Meatloaf is a dish of ground meat that has been mixed with other ingredients and formed into the shape of a loaf, then baked or smoked. The final shape is either hand-formed on a baking tray or pan-formed by cooking it in a loaf pan. Tsukune – Japanese chicken meatballs most often cooked yakitori style, but also Köfte is a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes found in South Asian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisine. With so many ideas in these collections, you're bound to find one that's perfect for your family. Ah, meat and potatoes, the epitome of a hearty, satisfying meal.