You can have Candied Almonds using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candied Almonds
- It’s 3 cup of almonds.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
Candied Almonds step by step
- Have all your ingredients prepared.
- Put a frying pan to the medium-high setting.
- Add the water, sugar, and cinnamon to the pan and begin to stir..
- When it begins to boil, add the almonds and stir..
- Continue stiring. You will notice that the sugar goo will get thicker. This is the water evaporating..
- The sugar will begin to crystalize and turn a golden brown color that sticks to the almonds. DO NOT OVERCOOK! The sugar will decrystalize and turn into a black goo and you will need to start over..
- Take the almonds off the heat and put them on a pan with aluminum foil over it. Be sure to spread them out evenly..
- Leave them in a secure area to cool for an hour. The outside may be warm to the touch, but your tounge won't agree with you when you burn yourself..
- Put in plastic baggies for snacks or dump them in a bowl for a party and enjoy!.