Danish Almond Kringle.
You can cook Danish Almond Kringle using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Danish Almond Kringle
- Prepare of crust.
- It’s 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter, softened.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water or a bit more if needed.
- It’s of puff.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Almond extract.
- You need of icing.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter, softened.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cream, or a bit more.
- You need 1 tsp of Almond extract.
Danish Almond Kringle step by step
- For the crust: mix flour and butter until it becomes a crumb consistency. Add the water and mix with hands until it comes together like a pie crust..
- Spread the crust out on a large sheet pan in 2 long ovals. About 3-4 inches wide and the length of the pan. The crust should be no more than 1/2 inch thick..
- For the puff: bring the water and butter to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the flour and whisk vigorously until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time while whisking. Remove from heat and add the almond extract..
- Drop the puff mixture by spoonfuls over the crust and spread out evenly. Bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes or until medium brown on top..
- While the pastry is baking, mix the icing and set aside..
- Allow the pastry to cool a while before icing, but ice while still warm so it melts in..
- Garnish with toasted almonds if desired..