Gourmet Italian Chicken Pasta Meatball Soup. The savory Italian soup relies on items most cooks have in the kitchen, including pasta, prepared spaghetti sauce, canned and frozen vegetables When time is tight, Beverly Menser whips up Pasta Meatball Soup in her Madisonville, Kentucky home. The savory Italian soup relies on items most. Used frozen Italian style meatballs from Costco and ditalini pasta.
Serve it with a big loaf of crusty Italian bread and plenty of extra Parmesan and the world will immediately feel like a warmer, kinder, gentler place. These Italian Chicken Meatballs are packed full of flavor with a simple but dazzlingly delicious tomato sauce. Serve with pasta and top with some grated quality. You can have Gourmet Italian Chicken Pasta Meatball Soup using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gourmet Italian Chicken Pasta Meatball Soup
- Prepare 1 of Cornish Hen.
- Prepare 1 lb of chop meat…beef, pork & veal combo.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 6 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of parsnips.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flat leaf parsley.
- You need 1 lb of ditallini pasta.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- It’s 3 of onions.
Ladle soup, spaghetti and meatballs into bowls. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano, if using. Hi Nagi, What type of pasta would you substitute for the spaghetti to create a more soup-like dish instead of a spaghetti. We like to think of this recipe as an Italian grandma's take on classic chicken noodle soup.
Gourmet Italian Chicken Pasta Meatball Soup step by step
- Chop Cornish Hen in fours right through the bones.
- chop onions & celery in half & quarter carrots & parsnip.
- put chicken & chopped veggies in large pot & fill with water….make sure water is a couple of inches over chicken & veggies…..is you wish to make extra stock for cooking other dishes fill up the pot with water all the way leaving about 4 inches from the top.
- add a tablespoon of salt & a half tablespoon of black pepper.
- put pot on high flame & cover once it starts to boil lower flame to simmer leave pot partially covered & let cook for 40 minutes.
- in a separate pot fill with water bring to boil…generously salt.. add pasta and stir & cook until aldente (LIL FIRM) drain & put pasta aside.
- in a large bowl add chop meat…I used a combo of 3 meats…u can use any combo of meats u like or any one meat on its own.
- mince garlic & add to meat.
- chop parsley & add to meat.
- crack eggs into meat.
- add half cup of grated parmesan cheese to meat.
- add about half the breadcrumbs & get your hands in there & mix well..keep adding breadcrumbs until desired texture is reached …u may need a lil more or less breadbreadcrumbs & a lil bit of water & form into & ball.
- Now have fun rolling the meat into little meatballs about a little bigger than a marble & set aside.
- remove chicken from pot …set aside & let cool & shread meat off the bones & set meat aside.
- put soup through a strainer reserving the stock….put stock back into pot & bring to a boil…discards the veggies not needed for this dish.
- add shredded chicken & meatballs to boiling stock & bring back to a boil & let cook for 15 minutes.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- fill bowl about half way with cooked pasta…then scoop soup with chicken & meatballs into bowl with the pasta…add a teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese to bowl & stir into broth.
- eat & enjoy.
From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza. Give this Italian meatball soup a try! This Italian meatball soup is tender beef meatballs, vegetables and pasta, all simmered in a rich tomato broth. An easy dinner option that's perfect for a busy weeknight!