Easy Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb. Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the marinade and rub all over the meat. Place on the hot bars of the oven above the tray.
My rosemary, thyme, mustard and garlic lamb is so easy to make and perfect for special occasions and holidays such as Easter. I roast the leg of lamb over a bed of baby potatoes, seasoning the potatoes as they bake. The aroma from this lamb roasting. You can cook Easy Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb
- It’s 900 grams of leg of lamb.
- You need 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Rub the leg of lamb all over with salt and pepper. Followed the recipe except I. used dried thyme and rosemary since I did not have fresh. I will use this recipe every time I have lamb. This Slow Roast Leg of Lamb is going to take your next Sunday roast to a whole new level!
Easy Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb instructions
- Peel 3 garlic cloves. With knife make holes in leg of lamb, stuff one clove in each hole, you can make more holes and cut each clove in half to fill additional holes. Try push cloves in quite deep to infuse flavour through meat..
- Sprinkle entire roast with salt. Sprinkle olive oil over leg of lamb..
- Cover and place into oven set at 180°C for 45 minutes, turn oven up to 200°C cook for a further 10 to 20 minutes uncovered. If unsure whether ready, use meat thermometer.
It's ULTRA EASY and very forgiving. It does take patience, but you'll be rewarded with tender lamb leg that can be pulled off the bone, served with a wickedly delicious rosemary garlic infused gravy. This recipe can also be made with lamb shoulder – it's magnificent! In its most basic form an easy lamb roast recipe simply involves adding salt and pepper. Unlike my recipe for cumin lamb this easy roast leg of lamb recipe requires minimal added flavour; simply add salt, pepper, garlic and a few leaves of mint.