Fried plantain (dodo). How to pick and fry dodo–also known as fried plantain easily! Top and tail the plantains, then make a skin-deep incision all the way along the spine of each one. Open the skin and remove the flesh.
If you can fry egg, you can prepare this meal. Wash, peel and slice the plantain as shown. Dodo is one of every Nigerian's favorite. You can have Fried plantain (dodo) using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried plantain (dodo)
- You need of Plantain.
- Prepare of Veg oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Chilly Powdered pepper (optional).
It is also quite fast and easy to make. It can be eaten as a side dish, paired with any rice dish (Jollof Rice, Fried Rice, Coconut Rice etc). Rinse the plantains in cold water. Be the first to review this recipe.
Fried plantain (dodo) instructions
- Cut the raw plantain into your desired shape, you can dice or slice in round shape. Add pinch of salt and Chilly, make sure it's combined.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add the plantain and allow it fry till its golden brown, turn or stir at intervals till its ready..
- When buying the plantain, don't buy the unripe or overripe, buy the one in between, it taste great and better.. U can buy the almost ripe one n use d next day.
Dodo aka Fried Plantain. by: Kitchen Butterfly. Put oil in a pan and heat on medium. While oil is heating, slice your plantain – on the diagonal, in rounds or diced. FRIED PLANTAIN (Dodo) Recipe for seven servings. Put some oil in the frying pan just enough to cover the pan.