Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V. If you want to make a gluten-free vegan lasagna that's as creamy and cheesy as the original, zucchini and tofu can help. When salted, the excess moisture is drawn out, leaving you with a lasagna just as firm as the noodle version. Mashed tofu, when seasoned correctly, tastes eerily similar to ricotta, but.
A delicious dairy free, Gluten Free Vegan Lasagna recipe, perfect for people with multiple food sensitivities. As I recently discovered, lasagna also makes for a pretty fabulous vegan main dish. When my gluten free, soy free, vegan son was visiting recently I needed to come up with a new type. You can cook Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V
- It’s 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 cans of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of yellow bell pepper (finely chopped).
- You need 3 of large garlic cloves (finely minced).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 of zucchini (finely sliced).
- Prepare 2 of large portobello mushrooms (roasted).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1 bag of vegan shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 box of gluten-free brown rice lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada).
Tomato sauce, gluten-free lasagna sheets, cashew ricotta, roasted eggplant, and repeat. Repeat until that baking dish is filled to the brim with Italian goodness and then top it all off with some vegan shredded cheese. This Vegan Eggplant Lasagna is free from Gluten, Dairy, and Grains, but not on flavor! Gluten-free recipes can be a challenge and looking at all the grain bins at the natural food store can be intimidating.
Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast portobello mushrooms for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees..
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and saute onion and yellow bell pepper until translucent in color. Add minced garlic, stir and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes..
- Turn heat to low and add 3 cans of tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Simmer for one full hour with the lid on..
- Boil brown rice lasagna noodles in salted water for amount of time listed on the directions. Lay out cooked noodles in a single layer on a bake pan or parchment paper. Do not overlap noodles or they will stick and fall apart upon seperation..
- Finely slice roasted portobello mushrooms and set aside. Finely slice 2 raw zucchini and set aside..
- In a large bake dish spread one thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. Lay down 3 noodles down on top of sauce and cover with first layer of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese..
- Next layer starts with another 3 noodles. Spread another layer of tomato sauce and add a layer of your roasted portobello mushrooms. Top with more tomato sauce..
- Next layer starts with another 3 noodles. Add more tomato sauce and lay out all the thinly sliced zucchini on top. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped italian parsley and cover with tomato sauce..
- Add the last layer of noodles. Add another layer of tomato sauce. Melt remainder mozzarella vegan cheese in sauce pan and spread out on top of lasagna in a decorative pattern. Top with the rest of the chopped italian parsley..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. To finish, broil on low for 5 minutes for a rustic Italian look. Cool 5 minutes before serving. ENJOY!!.
Lasagna is a great and tasty meal. However, since pasta is made from wheat – which contains the protein composite gluten – people who are gluten intolerant have a hard time enjoying it. In addition, as a dish that traditionally includes cheese, gluten intolerant vegans have an especially difficult time. These lasagna are the bomb, everybody loves them! And did I mention that, because it's veggies, you get to eat Hi Shawna!