Cherry Almond Crunch Muffins.
You can cook Cherry Almond Crunch Muffins using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Crunch Muffins
- You need of muffin batter:.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of canola oil or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of cherry pie filling.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond pieces, slivers or slices.
- It’s of crunch topping:.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced or slivered almonds.
- You need 3 tbsp of cold butter.
Cherry Almond Crunch Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients and cut butter in until crumbly. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together all dry ingredients..
- In another bowl wisk together all wet ingredients..
- Stir together wet with dry until just incorporated. Do not over mix..
- Spray a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with nonstick spray..
- Fill cups to about 2/3 full..
- Sprinkle topping evenly over all muffins..
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes..
- Reduce oven temp to 350 (do not open oven door). Bake an additional 15-20 or until cooked through and golden brown. Muffins should spring back when touched and toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center..
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 Minutes. Then transfer to wire rack to complete cooling..
- Serve warm or cooled..
- Makes about 6 jumbo muffins..
- Enjoy! :).