Lee's Southern Deep Fried Yellow Squash.
You can cook Lee's Southern Deep Fried Yellow Squash using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lee's Southern Deep Fried Yellow Squash
- Prepare 2 of Medium Sized Yellow Squash Sliced (3/8").
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of AP Flour Divided.
- It’s 2 of Eggs + Splash of Water.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Seasoning Salt Divided.
- Prepare to Taste of Cracked Black Pepper.
Lee's Southern Deep Fried Yellow Squash instructions
- Slice squash into 3/8" rounds. In a shallow dish mix 1/2 cup of the flour with 1 tablespoon of seasoning salt. In another dish mix the remaining 1 cup flour and two tablespoons of seasoning salt. Plastic or paper bag is easier to do this..
- In a shallow bowl, mix eggs and splash of water until well combined. Dust squash in the 1/2 cup of flour mixture. Shaking off all the excess flour. Dip sqush slices in egg wash. Letting all excess drip off. Then coat the squash in the 1 cup flour mixture..
- Place coated squash on a wire rack single layer. Top with cracked black pepper to taste. Let rest in the refrigerator for an hour, to let your breading set up..
- When ready deep fry squash at 350" until medium golden brown. Around 4 minutes or so. While still hot, lightly dust the squash with seasoning salt. Serve while warm. Ranch dressing or marina sauce is a good dipping option. Enjoy.