‘Rugelach’ Cream Cheese Pastry.
You can have ‘Rugelach’ Cream Cheese Pastry using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ‘Rugelach’ Cream Cheese Pastry
- It’s of <Dough Ingredients>.
- You need 60 g of Cream Cheese *softened.
- Prepare 60 g of Butter *softened.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Yolk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Plain Flour.
- It’s of Powdered Sugar for dusting *optional.
- Prepare of <Filling Ingredients>.
- You need 1/4 cup of Apricot Jam.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Walnuts, Almonds or Pecans *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sultanas *coarsely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
‘Rugelach’ Cream Cheese Pastry step by step
- Combine softened Butter and softened Cream Cheese in a bowl, add Egg Yolk and Vanilla, and mix well..
- Add Plain Flour and mix as you cut the butter mixture into flour. Use your hands to bring the mixture together into dough. *Note: If the mixture is too soft, add 1-2 tablespoons extra flour..
- Make filling by mixing all the ingredients..
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- On a lightly floured flat surface, use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a large 3mm thick disc larger than 30cm in diameter..
- Cut the disc into 16 wedges, spread the filling mixture and roll up each wedge from the outside edge..
- Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden..
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Dust with Powdered Sugar..