Veal Parmesan. This classic veal Parmesan recipe is one of my favorite easy recipes. The cutlets are breaded, fried, and then baked to perfection with tomato sauce and cheese. Veal parmesan is similar to milanesa.
Remove veal scallops to a plate and blot with paper towels. Arrange the veal scallops over the sauce, slightly overlapping them. Breaded and fried crisp, tender veal is smothered with bright tomato sauce and oozing, golden provolone and parmesan cheeses in this Italian-American classic. You can have Veal Parmesan using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veal Parmesan
- It’s 1 lb of Cooked angel hair pasta.
- Prepare 12 oz of Your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1 lb of Thin veal cutlets( about 8).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh ground black pepper divided in thirds…1tea spoon each.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh parsley chopped fine.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan cheese powder Divided.
- It’s 1 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of vegetable shortening or oil for frying the veal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian 5 cheese blend.
Enjoy this Veal Parmesan recipe — It's an Italian favorite that is sure to please. Use canned tomato sauce or make your own! This fried Veal Cutlets are topped with and Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Chicken Parmesan (or Veal Parmesan) Go Go Go Gourmet.
Veal Parmesan step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside (but do not drain yet)( make it Al Dente and turn off the heat).
- In mixing bowl combine breadcrumbs,half a cup of Parmesan cheese powder ,teaspoon black pepper,chopped parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- wash the Veal and dredge through the bread crumb mixture… to make sure both sides are coated well,yet still lightly… I like to press it into the Veal with my fingers.
- heat oil or shortening in large skillet( about a quarter of an inch deep) not enough to deep fry the Veal you just want to pan fry it.
- brown on each side about 5 minutes… I like mine krispy but don't overdo it because you don't want to make the veal tough.
- while the veal cooks add your sauce to a saucepan and heat until hot.
- drain the pasta and place back over heat… add butter and toss for a moment… add half a cup of parmesan cheese powder and 1/3 black pepper… toss again and remove from heat.
- place 1 quarter of the pasta on plate and top with 2 veal cutlets.
- use soup ladle to spoon sauce over cutlets and pasta.
- top with a quarter cup of Italian 5 cheese blend… and sprinkle with remaining black pepper.
- * I didn't have angel hair pasta on hand so I used regular spaghetti.
Veal or Chicken Parmesan is an Italian cuisine staple. Veal cutlets (or chicken breasts) are lightly pan fried, then bake in the oven. Veal Parmesan is a dish that consists of a veal cutlet covered with a coating of breadcrumbs and cheese. Though called Parmesan, the cheese used may Parmesan, mozzarella, or another type. With this parmesan veal chop recipe, you bake the veal chops (instead of frying them), then top with melted mozzarella cheese, for a lightened-up twist on the classic veal parmesan.