Plantain And Egg Frittata. This dish is one of the easiest breakfast recipe you can think of.kids love it, adults love it and I am pretty certain that you will love it too! Plantain frittata is an omelet in which vegetables, plantains and sometimes meat are mixed into the eggs and cooked together. This is my take on how to make plantain frittata.
No one will ever guess that this nutritious, mouthwatering breakfast frittata is Fried plantain and egg is one of my favorite weekend breakfast. It is one of the many traditional breakfasts found throughout West Africa. Plantain Frittata is a delicious breakfast of plantain and eggs cooked slightly different. You can cook Plantain And Egg Frittata using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain And Egg Frittata
- It’s of Plantain.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Prepare of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare of Red bell pepper.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Ginger and Garlic.
- Prepare of Curry, Black pepper and Cinnamon.
- You need of Seasonings.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Margarine.
It's so easy to make yet so tasty. Frittata is an egg based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche which is usually enriched with additional ingredients like meats and vegetables. Plantain and egg frittata is what I came up with this morning, this is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas. If you don't plan on preparing something very complicated in the This is what we call Nigerian pizza because it comes out exactly like it.
Plantain And Egg Frittata instructions
- Peel your plantain, cut into slices, sprinkle little amount of salt and deep fry it. Sieve and then keep aside..
- In a pan,add in a little amount of vegetable oil, allow to heat. Add your diced onions, grated scotch bonnet, crushed ginger and garlic, and diced green bell pepper. Stir for few minutes, then add in your minced meat, seasonings, curry, black pepper and cinnamon. Allow to simmer for some minutes until the meat is tender. Set it aside..
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs, whisk, add some spices and seasonings and whisk thoroughly. Note: Adjust the seasonings so that it won't be too much..
- Grease your baking pan with margarine. Gently transfer the minced meat followed by the egg mixture into the pan. Arrange the fried plantain on top of the mixture and garnish with onion rings, green and red bell peppers..
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm. Serve hot and enjoy😋. This is usually best served for breakfast and also it can be served with tea and juice..
Basically you need ripe plantain, egg and sausage or meat. This plantain frittata calls for ripe plantain which is slowly simmered in a herby and cheesy egg mixture for a nutrient-dense & healthy breakfast.. . I remember the first time I decided to try my hands at eating plantain again after my diabetes diagnosis. This was a big moment for me. Talk about an easy breakfast recipe and the first thing that comes to mind is my Baked Plantain and Egg Frittata recipe.