Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie. Chocolate chips or chocolate morsels are small chunks of sweetened chocolate, used as an ingredient in a number of desserts (notably chocolate chip cookies and muffins). Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their repertoire, and this is mine. How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever (how to make easy cookies from scratch).
Check out the best recipes for decadent desserts and treats that contain chocolate chips. I'm sharing with you the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. This chocolate chip cookies recipe makes cookies which are soft and chewy in the centre. You can have Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 4 oz of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Chocolate chips.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
Craving a fresh chocolate-chip cookie but don't want to make a whole batch? Try this microwavable cookie in a mug recipe. Grab your favorite mug and let's bake. See how to bake the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan and line the base with parchment paper..
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the papery skins look cracked..
- Allow to cool just slightly and then gather the still warm nuts in a kitchen towel. Rub the nuts in the towel in a circular motion on a countertop to remove the bitter, papery skins. There may be some nuts that you need to pick out and rub individually and keep in mind, for this recipe, a bit of the skin left is fine. Once the skins have been (mostly) removed transfer the nuts to a cutting board and coarsely chop and then set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the beater and bowl with a rubber spatula and add the egg. Beat until the egg is well incorporated and then add the teaspoon of vanilla. Combine well..
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined and a few dry streaks of flour remain. Remove from the mix and using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips and almonds..
- Transfer the batter into the prepared springform pan and using an offset spatula smooth the batter into an even layer..
- Bake until slightly golden 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when placed in the centre of the batter. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack..
- To un-mold, run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the springform ring. Invert the pastry onto a large plate or platter and remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper. Invert again onto a cutting board to cut into slices..
- Top with strawberries and sprinkles if desired!.
In this video, you'll see how to bake a chocolate chip cookie with crisp edges and soft, chewy middles. Chocolate Chip Fun Facts: Chocolate chips are small chunks of chocolate. They are often sold in a round, flat-bottomed teardrop shape. They are available in numerous sizes, from large to miniature. These Chocolate "Chip-Less" Cookies are everything you love about soft and chewy and delicious chocolate chip cookies…just minus the chocolate!