Honey Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti. Made with whole wheat and oat flours, this whole grain biscotti is a nourishing backpack or breakfast snack. Beat butter, sugar, honey, lemon zest, and salt with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
As far as accessories are concerned, you need a bowl, a whisk, a mixing spoon, a wooden board, and a rolling pin. Place the cookies on baking sheets and return one sheet at a time to the middle rack of the oven. A delicious, easy, recipe for cranberry almond biscotti recipe using only whole wheat flour and. You can cook Honey Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 each of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of almonds, chopped.
The perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee. Cranberry Almond Whole Wheat Biscotti (and news!) Next post. Put eggs and warmed honey into dry ingredients and knead into a smooth ball. Dough should be firm and manageable: if it is too soft and sticky, add a little more flour.
Honey Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 °C, put baking paper onto baking tray.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in honey, vanilla extract and eggs and mix well until a batter is formed. Finally add in almonds.
- Add more flour if necessary until you can handle the batter with it sticking. Divide batter in half then put on baking paper in two long rectangular logs. Approximately 3 inches wide, 14 inches long, 1 cm in height..
- Bake for 20 minutes and take out to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 2cm pieces. Put back in to the oven for another 10 minutes until slightly crispy.
Add the eggs, milk, canola oil, honey and almond extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough just begins to come together. Add the chopped apricots and almonds. Great recipe for Honey Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti. Healthy, fiber-rich and low fat version of the popular Italian biscotti with a rich honey aroma.