Arabic Lamb Kabsa.
You can cook Arabic Lamb Kabsa using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arabic Lamb Kabsa
- You need 500-600 of gms. mutton with bones.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice, soaked in water for 25-30 minutes.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of ghee.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of " cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lime zest.
- You need pinch of saffron.
- Prepare pinch of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 of dried lime.
- Prepare of few dry fruits, chopped to garnish.
- It’s of chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Arabic Lamb Kabsa step by step
- Cook the rice till half done. Keep aside. Heat the ghee in a pan and temper with bay leaves and all the whole garam masala. Saute for a few seconds..
- Then add the onion. Fry till they are slightly browned..
- Add the mutton and fry for 5-10 minutes..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes. Saute well..
- Add all the dry spices, tomato paste, lime zest and the dried lime..
- Mix everything well and simmer, covered on a medium flame till dry..
- Separate the mutton pieces from the gravy and keep aside..
- Add the rice to the gravy and cook for 3-4 whistles..
- Switch off the flame and open the lid after it has cooled down..
- Arrange the Kabsa on a platter and garnish with the cooked mutton pieces, chopped nuts and coriander leaves. Serve with salad for a sumptuous meal..