Lamb shank korma. Be the first to review this recipe. Lamb Korma, Afghan style, lamb leg or shoulder slowly cooked in a stew with onions, tomato For the following lamb korma (or qorma) recipe, we've stripped the recipe down to its essentials, making. Toss lamb shanks in flour, turmeric, garlic and curry powder.
It is quick to make and very tasty. Awadhi Lamb Shank Korma Find cooking instructions in the video. Host: Gladwin (Chef, Le Méridien, Kochi) Follow Kappa TV on social media at. You can have Lamb shank korma using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb shank korma
- You need 1 kg of Lamb shanks.
- Prepare 4 of Onions medium size , thinly sliced.
- Prepare one handful of Cashew nuts.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsps of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 – 2 tsps of red chilli powder.
- It’s 3 – 4 tbsps of yogurt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mace powder.
- Prepare pinch of cardamom powder a.
- It’s 1 of lime juice of.
- It’s as required of Salt.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s 700 – 800 ml of Water.
The next morning you can just scoop the top layer of semi solid fat off. This lamb shank video is of a recipe that is a family favorite. Try this lamb meal and I promise you I usually look for some coupons before going out to purchase lamb shank. Rack of lamb, lamb chops, lamb curries, lamb stews, lamb meatballs…lamb shanks Lamb shank, shin of the legs, is one of the toughest cuts of the lamb because it's full of.
Lamb shank korma step by step
- So here we go…. Heat oil in a shallow cooking pot and fry onions until translucent, add the cashews and fry together, until the onions are deep brown, not burnt. Using a spatula press the onions against the side of the pot to extract oil. Let the onion cool and place in a blender and puree..
- Now into the remaining oil saute the green chillies, bay leaves, ginger, garlic, lamb, coriander powder, garam masala and salt for about 10 minutes, keep stirring sontinuously. Then reduce heat and add chilli powder and yogurt, leave to simmer until the yogurt is absorbed..
- Add the onion/cashew puree and mix well, there after add the mace and cardamom powder and saute for a couple of minutes. Then add the water and cook till the meat is tender, before serving stir in the lime juice..
- Serve with rice or rotis..
- P.s. The flavor of the marrow-bone stock is essential to this dish, so be sure purchasing the right meat. You can replace half the cashews with almonds if you want, this gives the dish an other "taste-effect"..
- ->Depending on the age and type of your lamb, it can present a more gamey taste. I got the tip from my mom to wash and clean the mutton with lime juice, yogurt and flour to remove the gamey smell of lamb/mutton. Mix these three things and apply it generously on the meat and keep aside for a couple of minutes and wash off clear. Trimming off the excess fat also helps avoiding the smell and taste… After considering these few things, you will surely have a great mutton curry. Enjoy your meal!….
Lamb korma (Asia Unplated with Diana Chan)Source: Asia Unplated with Diana Chan. Korma is a mild curry from the North of India, where meat is cooked in a sauce of yoghurt, nuts and spices. Lamb shank was a forgotten cut until celebrity chefs and trendy restaurants brought it back from oblivion. As a result, what was once a very inexpensive cut of meat is now rather. The lamb shank is one of the most traditional cuts of meat on the market and has a variety of preparation Lamb shank meat is extremely tough and full of connective tissue.