Almond spongecake with chocolate frosting. Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. I love the rich chocolate flavor of this sponge roll, and while I often fill it with a plain or chocolate whipped cream frosting, this time I decided to flavor the cream with raspberry preserves. A simple yet festive chocolate cake you can use for birthdays or just serve as a luxurious after-dinner dessert.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Made with ground almonds & frosted with decadent chocolate ganache, this flourless cake is How to make flourless chocolate cake. Begin by buttering a springform pan. Line the pan with a round of parchment paper, then butter. You can cook Almond spongecake with chocolate frosting using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond spongecake with chocolate frosting
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Castor sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Boiling water.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped almond.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Melted chocolate.
- It’s 3 tsp of Milk powder.
- It’s 5 of Whole almond.
Gluten-Free Almond Layer Cake made with egg whites and almond flour, filled with creamy, luscious layers of Whipped Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting. I hope I didn't lose your attention. Then again, we're talking about cake and chocolate. An incredibly moist almond flour cake with a velvety mascarpone frosting and topped with fresh berries.
Almond spongecake with chocolate frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Grease a cake tin and set aside..
- Add boiling water in oil and set aside to cool..
- Beat eggs and castor sugar just until combined..
- Slowly add sifted flour and baking powder to the egg mixture..
- Add vanilla essence and chopped almond to the egg mixture and mix again..
- Slowly mix the water and oil mixture and mix again..
- Pour the batter in cake tin and bake for 20 minutes..
- Once it's done baking, make a paste with the melted chocolate, milk powder and a little boiling water and spread it on top..
- Put whole almond on top to decorate..
I used ground almonds in this sponge cake. But you can also top it with a chocolate ganache or even put the berries directly into the cake. CHOCOLATE-ORANGE FROSTING: In a large bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, water, margarine and extracts. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until smooth. NOTES : For a different-flavored frosting, substitute almond.