Stir Fried Hu Tiu (Inspired by Flavorful Origins Documentary).
You can have Stir Fried Hu Tiu (Inspired by Flavorful Origins Documentary) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir Fried Hu Tiu (Inspired by Flavorful Origins Documentary)
- You need 1 package of Pad Thai or Hu Tiu.
- Prepare 6 oz of your choice of protein.
- You need 1/2 of of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Chinese celery.
- It’s 8 oz of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion.
- You need of Seasoning:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 3 TBS of sugar.
Stir Fried Hu Tiu (Inspired by Flavorful Origins Documentary) step by step
- Cut beef/pork into strips. not too thick. For shrimps, peel, devein and slice into halves(butterfly way but completely separated). Sprinkle salt, pepper. Mix well. Set aside..
- Wash Chinese celery, green onion, bean sprouts. Put bean sprouts in colander to get rid of excess water. Cut Chinese celery and green onion into 2 inches in length. Slice onion as for stir fry..
- Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Remove to a colander to strain water. Mix all ingredients for sauce in a bowl..
- Put about 1 TBS of potato starch in meat. Mix well. Stir fry onion,meat and garlic on high heat for about 1 minute, add Chinese celery. Cook until celery withered..
- Make a well, put 1/3 of sauce in. Wait till it bubbles. Add noodles, half of bean sprouts in and mix well..
- Add the rest of bean sprouts in. This time pour 1/2 of sauce around the contents(not on),mix everything well for 1 minute. Then again, pour the rest of sauce same method, add green onion. Mix well..
- Remove to plate. Sprinkle some pepper. Enjoy..
- I learned the method of pouring sauce from a Korean cooking show. It helps evaporate the “smell “ of soy sauce..
- If you use shrimp, stir fry onion, garlic and shrimp until shrimp turn pink. Remove to a bowl. Add back to pan when green onion is added at the end of the cooking process. Mix well and remove to plate..