Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. Garnish jollof rice with friend plantains and.
The first food I ever cooked was boiled long grain rice. It was to be eaten with obe ata or red pepper stew, colloquially know as red stew, which my aunt had prepared earlier that week. Nigerian jollof rice is probably one of the most talked about dishes from Nigeria in any part of the world where it has been eaten. You can have Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩 using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩
- Prepare 2 pieces of plantain.
- You need 1 cup of perboiled rice.
- It’s 2 of scotch pepper.
- You need 2 of red bell peppers.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of tomatos.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of big green pepper.
- It’s of Some green beans.
- Prepare of Some peas.
- You need of Oil.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of salt.
- You need 2 of maggi.
- It’s of Curry & thyme.
But the normal jollof rice we have at home is moderately spiced and of course quite tasty as well. People do argue that the best reason why the party rice is always preferred. jollof rice with chicken and fried plantain, west african cuisine isolated on white background. Jollof rice is a spicy, traditional dish of West African origin. While it is prepared differently in various countries, this article outlines the steps of making Nigerian-style Jollof rice.
Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩 step by step
- Crush the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions add them into a pot & fry with 1 serving spoon oil then add in a little water that can easily soften the rice then add in the maggi, salt, curry & thyme then allow to boil..
- When it boils you add in the perboiled rice together with the green beans, green pepper, peas & carrots stir well & allow to cook until the rice is well soften & the water is drained then serve..
- For the plantain you peel it cut into pieces & fry in hot oil until golden brown the remove from heat plate it & serve. The recipe for the pepper meat is below👇🏻.
Serve with fried plantain and your choice of meat, if desired. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. It is a very versatile dish and it is usually made from. Then, cover it up immediately so that the heat remaining in the Rice can steam up the vegetables a little bit. You can serve with Plantains, Chicken, Vegetables.