Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method).
You can cook Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method)
- Prepare 2 packs of noodles.
- Prepare 3 of medium eggs.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 1 of ripe plantain.
- It’s 1 of small onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 2 of medium-sized tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 2 of scotch bonnet peppers.
- You need of Green and red bell peppers.
- You need 1 handful of chopped carrots and green beans.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) instructions
- Peel and cut the plantain into circular shapes and fry till golden brown. Set aside..
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in frying pan, add the onions, stir for some time, add the tomatoes..
- Sautée for 5 minutes, add the thyme, scotch bonnet peppers, one of the seasoning packs that comes with the noodles and the chopped carrots and green beans. Mix well and keep aside..
- Place the noodles in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes to soften it..
- Sieve, add the remaining seasoning and mix well..
- Brush a baking pan with a tablespoon of oil to avoid sticking to the pan and place the noodles..
- Whisk the eggs with sautéed vegetables, pour on top of the noodles..
- Arrange the fried plantains on top, then top of of with the sliced green and red bell peppers..
- Bake in a preheated pot with a rack on a medium heat (or oven) for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set..
- Run a knife along the edges and remove in a plate..
- Serve while still warm..
- NOTE: 1. Your choice of Toppings can range from mixed peppers, onions, plantain, ham, sausage, fish, chicken, beef, etc. 2. You can also use the frying method, just pour everything in your frying pan, cover and place on low to medium heat till the egg is set..