Baked Catfish with Asparagus & Tomatoes. It takes longer for the oven to preheat than it does to prepare this delicious, good-for-you dish. While it's baking, I throw together a quick salad. —Barbara Lento, Houston, Pennsylvania.. Serve with some crusty bread and a salad and you have a great dinner.
Tip: Asparagus starts losing its sweetness the minute it's cut, therefore, as always, look for the freshest stalks possible. Skins should be smooth and bright colored with tightly formed heads. Lay asparagus in a pile in center. You can cook Baked Catfish with Asparagus & Tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Catfish with Asparagus & Tomatoes
- You need 4 pc of Catfish fillets.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of asparagus.
- You need 15 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of lemon (quartered).
- Prepare of Canola oil.
Scatter mushrooms and prosciutto on top. Transfer pan to oven and bake for one hour. Asparagus should be just cooked through. If too crisp, return to oven until done to taste.
Baked Catfish with Asparagus & Tomatoes instructions
- Season the fish, then cut the lemon, cut the ends of the asparagus, wash and add a little canola oil..
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. I used my Nu Wave oven, put the fish on the outside and the veggies on the inside, i do use a skillet too..
- I set the timer and let it cook. Then add the tomatoes at the end, I squeezed the lemon before and after, enjoy..
Here, the sauce lends our tender catfish fillets a delicious richness, as well as a bit of contrasting crunch. For a seasonal touch, we're swapping in roasted asparagus for the traditional side of green beans. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired. Catfish fillets roast atop a bed of asparagus in this easy weeknight recipe. Simple fish dishes like this one are hands down one of my favorite things to make.