Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds. This oven baked trout is incredible easy to make. The baked fish is tender, juicy, and flavorful thanks to lemon and herbs. After sharing this recipe with friends, some were a little overwhelmed with cooking whole trout (with the skin, tail, and sometimes head still attached).
Sprinkle with the almonds and a little grated lemon zest. Meanwhile, rinse the lemons, cut off ends and cut the fruit into small pieces. Place lemon across the top of each fish. You can cook Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds
- It’s 2 of trout.
- It’s 2 tbsp of blanched almonds.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need of basil (handfull).
- Prepare 5 piece of thyme.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Rainbow trout, flavored primarily with dill weed and lemon, is baked whole in the oven. Baked Honey Garlic Steelhead Trout Recipe. The recipe is very simple and the dish is very flavorful. For best results, marinate the fish for at least two hours.
Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds instructions
- Pre-heat an oven to 200C.
- Zest the lemon with a grater, slice the rest of the for later.
- Chop all the herbs and garlic finely, mix with the olive oil and the lemon zest.
- Place the fish in an oven proof baking dish and rub the herb mix all around the outside and use the remainder to stuff each fish together with half of the almonds.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the fish and scatter the remaining almonds.
- Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes..
You can substitute fresh ginger root, parsley and cilantro for dried ones but trust me, fresh herbs and root make this dish so much more flavorful. Place the trout, skin side down, in the skillet. Scatter with the thyme and lemon slices. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Spoon the pan sauce over the fish.