Almond Milk. Almond milk is obtained from almond nuts. This plant-based milk has a creamy texture and nutty flavor. It has zero lactose and cholesterol present in it.
Making homemade almond milk starts with soaking almonds overnight in cool water. The water is then drained out and the almonds are added to a blender along with fresh water, salt, and any additional. The demand for health foods has been on the rise now, and more and more people are making an effort to buy healthier choices for themselves and for their families. You can have Almond Milk using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Milk
- Prepare 1 cup of Almonds.
- It’s 1 cup of water (to soak almonds in).
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Date(usually 1).
Almond milk is the most popular plant milk in the United States. It is rich in several healthful nutrients, but compared with whole almonds, it is watered down and missing most of the fiber. This article reviews almond milk and whether it's good or bad for your health. Almond milk is a beverage made by crushing and pulverizing almonds and soaking them in water, then filtering off the solids.
Almond Milk instructions
- Place almonds in a large bowl or cup and cover with enough water to come an inch or two above the almonds. Allow to soak for 8-48 hours (I usually do them over night).
- Rinse and drain almonds under cold water..
- Place almonds into a high speed blender with 4 cups of filtered water, date, and vanilla. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until you have a nice, light, frothy, almond milk..
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a double layer of cheese clothe and slowly pour almond milk through..
- Once all the milk has drained through the bottom, squeeze out the remaining solids* to get every last bit of milk.Store in the fridge.(Up to Five days.) Makes 4 cups..
- Save the leftover almond 'meal'. You can lightly toast it the oven and then use it as a toasty, high fat and protein crunch on top of oatmeal, yogurt, or as a light snack. You can also experiment with baking with the meal, jut as your would almond flour..
The result is a tasty and nutrition beverage that's an excellent source of. Real, fresh almond milk: It's a world-changing thing. And once you learn how easy it is to make it at home, you may I have peer pressure to thank for my newfound love of homemade almond milk. Sweetened almond milk, unsweetened almond milk, chocolate almond milk, and almond coconut milk are just a few of the varieties available and each provides slightly different nutrients and health. Almond milk is a great alternative to dairy milk and a healthy component for any smoothie or shake.