Kiftah Batortah (Lamb kebab with potatoes). I was watching the latest Food Safari series called Fire the other night which showcases food from around the world cooked over charcoals The original lamb kofta kebab recipe calls for pistachio nuts too, which I included because I happened to have them in my pantry. These lamb kebabs are a global favorite. As for the lamb, you can invest a lot of money by getting loin or rib chops that are more tender and easy to work with.
These spicy lamb kebabs are perfect for the barbecue. Serve with hot pitta bread and tomato and chilli chutney. Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice and the lamb mince in a bowl. You can cook Kiftah Batortah (Lamb kebab with potatoes) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kiftah Batortah (Lamb kebab with potatoes)
- It’s 4-5 of Lamb kiftah (mother in-law mixes mine hehe but store bought is fine).
- You need 2-3 of Large potatoes.
- Prepare 3-4 of Large Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Lebanese mixed spices.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Rice ratio.
- You need 1 Cup of washed long grain rice to 2 1/2 cups of boiled water on low heat. Salt to taste. Add tablespoon of butter on top of rice when cooked and stir through.
Blend the oil, garlic, ginger, chillies, crushed peppercorns, cumin, coriander powder, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt in a. The Lamb with Potatoes recipe out of our category Lamb! Rinse the lamb, pat dry and cut to create a pouch. Fill the pouch with the spinach.
Kiftah Batortah (Lamb kebab with potatoes) instructions
- Cook rice according to steps..
- Peel and cut potatoes into thick fingers and portion out kiftah to the size of you’re palm, make sure they aren’t to thick. Best method is two finger thickness. Put them into a oven dish with a small amount of oil then cover with foil. Cook on 190-200degrees for 10mins..
- Put tomato paste into a heat proof jug and mix in hot water to the consistency of a thin runny paste. Pour onto potatoes and kiftah then return to oven with foil for a further 10mins. Serve with rice. Enjoy ☺️.
Season the outside with salt and pepper. Grilled Lamb Kebabs, using ground lamb, with a tangy Herb Salad and Dilled Yogurt Sauce- a delicious, paleo friendly recipe featuring Middle Eastern flavors. Middle Eastern- Inspired Lamb Kebabs with a tangy Herb Salad and a dilled yogurt sauce….oh my goodness, so delicious! Best Yogurt Recipe Yogurt Recipes Greek Recipes Marinated Lamb Tzatziki Recipes Lamb Kebabs Whats Gaby Cooking Summer Dishes What To Cook. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut them into two, and set aside.