Almond Cherry Biscotti. An easy recipe for Cherry Almond Biscotti. Sweet maraschino cherries and crunchy almonds liven up this classic Italian cookie. Biscotti means "twice baked" in Italian, and you'll follow suit for lots of.
The Identity of Cherry Almond Biscotti. Classic biscotti is a well-known coffee house cookie. The biscotti that I enjoy most are crisp but still tender enough to eat without dunking. You can cook Almond Cherry Biscotti using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond Cherry Biscotti
- Prepare 8 tbsp of good unsalted butter (less moisture) room temperature.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried cherries.
- You need 1/3 cup of whole almonds, slightly ground with mortar & pestle.
- It’s 1 of optional: some room temperature water.
I love baking all kinds of cookies, but since I'm Italian, biscotti is my all-time favorite. Almond Cherry Biscotti Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, fold in the almonds and dried cherries. Dip each biscotti or pretzel in the chocolate to cover half of each and then dip in the sprinkles or candy cane pieces.
Almond Cherry Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Beat the butter with the sugars until smooth..
- Add the salt & baking powder as you mix.
- Add the vanilla & almond extracts..
- Beat in the eggs until smooth and gradually add the ap & almond flour till completely incorporated. The dough will be very sticky..
- With a rubber spatula mix in the almonds & cherries..
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet & divide it into 2 evenly. Form it to about 2"x10"x3/4" logs. Use a brush slightly dampened to smooth it along the top & sides. Square it off as best you can..
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- I use the water at this point when I remove it from the oven to soften the crust to ease the slicing. If you choose to do this just brush it down lightly with water & wait 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 315°.
- Cut to about 3/4" slices & set them onto baking sheet on a cut edge. Return them to the oven..
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until they turn a golden color. Pull them out and let cool on a rack..
- Make yourself a coffee / cappuccino & image sitting in a cafe in Venice dipping these little goodies. ;).
Unlike many crumbly cookies, these biscotti are sturdy enough to mail. For a holiday gift, send a batch along with a pound of your favorite coffee beans. Crispy gluten-free vegan cherry almond biscotti. the perfect cookie for cooler months. So, we need to talk about this gluten-free vegan and paleo cherry almond biscotti. White chocolate, cherries, and almonds make these dessert-worthy biscotti.