Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints Thumbprint cookies with a buttery base, filled with raspberry preserves and drizzled with an almond glaze.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and extract until light and fluffy. Buttery almond and vanilla shortbread cookies filled with raspberry jam and drizzled with glaze. Make sure you didn't miss yesterday's Chocolate Turtle Cookies. You can have Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- Prepare of for cookies.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, yolks and whites separated.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of seedless rasberry jam.
- You need of for the,white chocolate glaze.
- You need 4 oz of white chocolate finely chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- Prepare of for the chocolate glaze.
- Prepare 4 oz of dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of crram, heavy, light of half and half.
Buttery, melt-in-your mouth, sugary bites of bliss. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog every Christmas season! You get a buttery shortbread cookie base, a bright, vibrantly flavored raspberry jam filling and they're finished with a sweet almond glaze. Amazing raspberry-filled and almond-flavored shortbread thumbprint cookies.
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Whisk flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and almond extract, beat in..
- Add the flour/salt mixture and mix just until.well blended..
- Whisk egg whites until frothy..
- Have ground almonds spread out on a plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Dip each ball onto egg white..
- Then roll.each ball in almonds..
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans..
- With your thumb or better, the back.of a wooden spoon make an indentation in the center of the center of the cookie.ball..
- Fill indentation with raspberry jam..
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until.set and light golden brown. Cool on wire rack before glazing..
- Make glazes.
- FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE Heat cream to a simmer, add white chocolate. Whisk until smooth..
- FOR DARK CHOCOLATE GLAZE. Heat ccream to a simmer add chocolate and whisk until smooth..
- Working while glaze is warm.drizzle with dark chocolate glaze then white chocolate glaze.set sauce fortaleza to cool and set..
These jam thumbprint cookies are irresistibly good and perfect for a holiday cookie platter! Plus I'm sharing all my secrets to making these cookies the best – from what jam to use, to when to chill them, and rolling the cookies in sugar before baking. This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies! They are so easy to make and look very impressive on a cookie plate. All you need is a lot of butter and some raspberry jam.