Easy plantains. Plantains are popular in the Caribbean and in West Africa. I grew up eating plantains and its still a My goal is to help you make healthier choices and show you how healthy eating is easy and delicious. These Venezuelan Sweet Plantains are divine!
Be the first to review this recipe. Recipe by Chef Sarita in Aust. So easy, that even the most novice cook can make this. You can have Easy plantains using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy plantains
- Prepare 8 of raw plantains, peeled.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need of Coriander chopped (optional).
Choose green plantain that is firm but not. side. Sprinkle plantains with pepper, and grill until. Plantains cooked this way are a popular street food that are also good with nearly any meal. Easy Shredded Pork over Caramelized Mashed Plantains.
Easy plantains instructions
- Boil plantains in water with salt and tumeric till fork tender.
- Pour oil in a non stick pan, add onions..
- Saute till soft and translucent, add bananas..
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, and toss as the plantains keep cooking on medium high heat. Continue till all sides of the plantains are golden. Add coriander..
- Serve warm. Can be accompanied with warm cocoa beverage..
Easy breakfast crockpot thingy, now easy shredded crockpot pork. Come on Juli, get your sh*t together. Residents of Africa, South America, and Central America—all huge consumers of plantains—are on to something. Plantains are a seedless berry in the banana family that is starchy rather than sweet, and typically If you want to get deeper into the plantain-versus-banana question, the first thing to know is that. From easy Plantains recipes to masterful Plantains preparation techniques, find Plantains ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection.