Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies. Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies are easy shortbread cookies full of cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a touch of almond flavoring to complement the cookie. They are so quick to come together.
I gave a batch of basic chocolate chip cookies a cheerful twist with cherry chips and almond bits. And these have turned out to be my new favorite I used blanched slivered almonds and chopped them up pretty fine … because I don't like a lot of crunch in my cookies. Leave out the white chocolate chips and make Cherry Almond Cookies. You can have Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of dark chocolate cherry filled chocolate chips A photo of the cherry chocolate chips is in direction step 6.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate covered almonds, A photo of the chocolate almonds I used is in direction step 6.
Live your life and do what you want. 😉. Let's break it down this White Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookie Recipe down a bit: Begin by creaming the butter until it is light and fluffy. The lighter and fluffier the butter. I love cherry and chocolate and almonds, so this is the right combo for me.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large owl beat butter with both sugars until light as fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and stir in until blended do not overmix.
- Fold in cherry chocolate chips and chocolate almonds..
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Flatten balls lightly with the palm of your hand..
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes just until light golden. Don't overbake for chewy cookies. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then cool on wire racks..
- NOTE; these cookies freeze really well!.
The recipe for these Paleo Cherry Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookies is similar to the classic that I love so much, but the addition of dried cherries and toasted almonds are a fantastic twist that you've got to try. The cookies use coconut oil, and I tested this recipe using Nutiva's buttery coconut oil. If you've tried these Almond Meal Cookies with Coconut and Chocolate Chips, you already know how amazing they are. However, the recipe does require an egg, and a reader recently suggested/asked if I had tried. These cookies are a healthier chocolate chip cookie.