Jam on French Toast. My grandmother used to make this for me when I was a child. You can use other flavors of jam, too. French toast dressed up as a strawberry jam doughnut!
Prepare the Jam French Toast Triangles with a little effort and enjoy the recipe! You will find the Jam French Toast Triangles a rare treat! Believe it or not, this French toast was inspired by a breakfast that I had during our mini-moon many, many weeks ago. You can cook Jam on French Toast using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jam on French Toast
- You need of French Toast:.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- Prepare 2 Slices of Stale Brioche / Challah Bread,.
- You need of Whole Milk, For Dipping.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- You need Pinch of Granulated Sugar,.
- It’s of Toppings:.
- You need of Homemade Ricotta, 4 Heaped TBSP.
- It’s of Whole Milk, 2 TBSP or More.
- It’s 1 Pinch of Toasted Almond Flakes,.
- Prepare of Alce Nero's Organic Strawberry Jam, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- You need of Alce Nero's Organic Apricot Jam, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Zest, A Few Grating.
- You need of Alce Nero's Organic Blueberry Jam, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- You need 2 Squeezes of Fresh Lemon Juice,.
After getting home, I knew I had to recreate it in some form, and this strawberry jam French toast came into being. Whether you're hosting a big Easter brunch or just invited a few of the girls over for breakfast and mimosas , consider adding French toast to the menu. You can use any of your favourite jam in this, I used store bought mixed fruit jam. but homemade jams would be perfect too. I would suggest you to allow the bread soak up the custard really well and also fry the french toast on a low to medium heat till it is.
Jam on French Toast instructions
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/06/21/Ricotta for the homemade ricotta recipe..
- Prepare the French toast. Melt 1 TBSP of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Transfer milk and egg into separate individual shallow bowls. Dip bread into milk, on both sides..
- Dip the bread into egg, on both sides. Lay the bread onto the skillet away from you. Cook until the bottom is browned..
- Flip and continue cooking until the bottom is browned as well. Transfer onto serving plate. Sprinkle a pinch of granulated sugar over the top. Repeat the steps for the remaining bread..
- Prepare the toppings. In a large bowl, add ricotta and milk. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk the mixture until light and fluffy. *Do not over whisk. You have to adjust the amount of milk added to reach the consistency you desire, 1 TBSP of milk at a time.*.
- Fold in the toasted almond flakes. *To toast almond flakes, simply toast almond flakes in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.* The toast has to be hot and the whipped ricotta has to be cold when served. It is best to prepare them concurrently..
- To keep the ricotta cold, whip over an ice water bath. Spread the whipped ricotta onto the French toast. Top it off with Alce Nero's jam. Grate some lemon zest over the 3 jam. Lastly, lightly squeeze some lemon juice over the top. Serve Immediately..
This usual french toast with a slight twist is so easy to make, that you can involve your kids in its preparation. Nutritionally, this dish is calorie and protein-rich. Secondly, it's high in B complex vitamins, which helps in supporting the immune system and is required for the normal functioning of muscles. WHISK together the milk, eggs, flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Or place in a blender to make it even easier and to remove any clumps.