Vickys Lancashire (Lamb) Hotpot, GF DF EF SF NF. Lancashire hotpot is a stew originating from Lancashire in the North West of England. It consists of lamb or mutton and onion. Succulent lamb in a meaty gravy, topped with potatoes that are tender underneath and crisp on top.
Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free) See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Foods with gluten. A traditional Lancashire hotpot is a hearty, filling dish that is both economical and easy to make and loved throughout Britain. You can have Vickys Lancashire (Lamb) Hotpot, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Lancashire (Lamb) Hotpot, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 800 grams of potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 600 grams of diced lamb.
- Prepare 3 of onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 300 ml of vegetable or lamb stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vickys Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce recipe link below.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s 25 grams of sunflower spread or butter, melted.
Lancashire Hotpot is probably the most famous dish to come from the county of Lancashire and is very simple and straightforward to make. You can't get much more comforting than a gorgeous Lancashire hotpot. The traditional British stew, hailing from the North West of England consists of chunks of lamb, topped with sliced potatoes (and we've thrown in cheese for good measure). Lancashire Hot Pot is a delicious lamb stew which is light enough to be eaten at almost any time of year.
Vickys Lancashire (Lamb) Hotpot, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 170C / 325°F and lightly grease an ovenproof casserole dish with a lid.
- Put a layer of potato slices, overlapping, at the bottom of the dish.
- Brown the diced lamb in a frying pan then place it on top of the potato layer. Then scatter the onions, carrots, thyme sprigs and bay leaf over the lamb.
- Season with salt & pepper then arrange the rest of the potato slices, again overlapping, on the top.
- Pour the vegetable stock mixed with the worcestershire & cornstarch over the top then brush the potato with the melted butter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Put the lid on the dish then bake for 1 hr 50 minutes, then remove lid and cook uncovered for a further 40 minutes to crisp the potatoes.
- You can change up this traditional casserole by adding other vegetables, for example, the last time I made this I added some peas, red bell pepper and chopped baby plum tomatoes that I needed to use from the fridge.
It is an ideal dish for a slow-cooker if you have. Lancashire hotpot – dish made traditionally from lamb, topped with sliced potatoes. Template:For Template:Use dmy dates Template:Infobox prepared food Lancashire hotpot is a stew originating from Lancashire in the North West of England. It consists of lamb or mutton and onion. Photo about Lancashire hotpot with lamb, kidney and potatoes in casserole dish.