Homemade Almond Paste.
You can have Homemade Almond Paste using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Almond Paste
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of blanched almonds (see attached to blanch your own).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 of egg white.
Homemade Almond Paste step by step
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade process almonds until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355791-how-to-blanch-almonds-easy-and-economical.
- Add the salt and confectioners sugar and process until combined, I used the pulse function as well to ensure proper mixing..
- Add extract and continue to process, again, scraping down sides of bowl if need..
- Add the egg white and process until smooth. The mixture will come together almost like a dough..
- Gather all the paste together and roll in hands to form a log. You can also divide the paste to suite your baking needs. Cover in plastic wrap and/or in an airtight container until ready to use. **You can store your almond paste in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer for up to three months. Yields 1 1/2 cups.
- Happy Cooking!!!!.
- I used it to make almond paste cookies.