Brussels Sprouts sauteed with garlic and red bell pepper.
You can have Brussels Sprouts sauteed with garlic and red bell pepper using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brussels Sprouts sauteed with garlic and red bell pepper
- You need 1 lb of Brussels sprouts.
- You need 1/2 of Red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves, finely minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lime or Lemon juice.
- You need 1 of Lime or Lemon zested.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 dash of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of Sesame seeds.
Brussels Sprouts sauteed with garlic and red bell pepper step by step
- First, cut the stems of the Brussels sprouts and the outer green leaves, then half and set aside.
- Prepare the other ingredients by dicing the red bell pepper, zesting the lemon or lime, and mincing the garlic cloves.
- In a flat bottomed sautee pan, heat the butter and olive oil on high.
- Turn the heat down just so you can place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer in the pan, then increase heat to high, and let cook for about five minutes until slightly browned on the bottoms.
- Add the red pepper and stir.
- Add the sugar, lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper and stir, let sit one minute.
- Add the minced garlic and stir (if you need more olive oil, add a dash).
- At this point, it's all about tasting while you cook. The Brussels sprouts should cook until they are tender and no longer bitter at all. Salt and pepper to taste throughout. Once they are cooked and taste almost buttery, then they are done. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.