pastelon. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro, or Sweet Plantain Lasagna, is a surprising combination of sweet and salty ingredients that unite into a highly addictive dish. Pastelón is a classic Puerto Rican dish made with layers of thinly-sliced plantains, ground beef, and cheese! Think of it as a Puerto Rican version of lasagna.
Pastelón is a Puerto Rican casserole dish layered like Italian lasagne made with exclusively sweet plantains, stuffed with mincemeat, vegetables, and bound together with beaten eggs. A common misconception is that cheese and tomato based-sauces are a component of this dish. Pastelón is a layered Puerto Rican casserole of plantains, cheese and picadillo, a tomato-based ground beef mixture seasoned with onions, peppers, herbs and spices. You can cook pastelon using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of pastelon
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of adobo.
- Prepare 1 of parmesean cheese.
- It’s 9 of riped plantains.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of butter.
- You need 5 lb of ground beef.
Plantains Lasagna aka Pastelon – a Latin-Style (Puerto Rican) lasagna that is a combination of sweet and savory, with spiced beef, sandwiched in layers of plantains, and topped with cheese and or eggs. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Ripe Plantain Casserole) combines the delicate sweetness of ripe plantains, flavorful juicy beef filling, & melting cheese. Pastelón – this Puerto Rican lasagna is made with sweet slices of plantains instead of noodles Another Puerto Rican recipe for you – and this is one of my favorites! Pastelón de Plátano Maduro Dominicano: El suave dulzor del plátano maduro, la jugosa carne y abundante queso derretido lo hace un plato de ensueño.
- peel plantains and cut in half put in a pot of water with 2 teaspoons of salt. let it come to a boil..
- in the mean time season the ground beef with adobo, parmesean cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper..
- in a pot add 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and water. add the ground beef and let cook.
- when plantains are done place in a bowl with out water and smash it all up with two spoons of butter..
- in a casserole dish spread some butter then layer half of the plantains on the bottom and smooth it out..
- add all the ground beef smooth it out and top it off with some shredded cheese.
- add the rest of the plantains and smooth it out and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes let stand for 10 minutes then serve.
Pastelón de plátano maduro is a Dominican dish composed of plantains, ground meat, cheese and herbs, that is popular throughout the Latin Caribbean. Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Dominican-Style Yellow Plantain Pie). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pastelon (Plantain Lasagna), It's Extremely Good and It's Not An Exaggeration… La yarora es un plato riquísimo y muy fácil de preparar. Es una especie de lassagna o pastelón, o quizás una. Savory and Sweet Plantain Pie Tonight, let this delicious Pastelón be the star of your dinner table!