Almond and plum cake. This plum almond cake is an Italian classic. While we've got nothing against homey, which is what author Domenica Marchetti dubs this dessert, we think this lovely little looker of a cake has a little haute going on, too. She prefers how this simple cake "celebrates September.
Lay half the plums in the pan, then sprinkle on remaining macaroon crumbs, remaining toasted almonds, cinnamon sugar, butter and top with Remove cake from oven and drizzle with caramelized almonds. Release from pan, slice and serve garnished. My neighbour Elisabeth always seems to be looking for prune plums at this time of year. You can cook Almond and plum cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond and plum cake
- It’s 240 grams of almond meal.
- You need 1/2 head of orange juice squeezed from half an orange.
- It’s 1 of orange zest from whole orange.
- You need 150 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 75 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of plums – cut into thin wedged slices.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil spray.
They can be a little difficult to find around here because they generally come from Southern Ontario when they are in season. Whisk flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt in a Scrape batter into prepared pan and arrange plums, cut side down, on top of batter, taking care not to push the plums into the batter (the batter will rise as it. This simple Almond Plum Cake tastes like a cross between cake and fruit cobbler. It is supremely moist and almost custard-like, thanks to the soft This Almond Plum Cake is made from three of my favorite things – fresh summer fruit, almond paste, and amaretto.
Almond and plum cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Coat a 23cm round springform pan with cooking oli spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and 2/3 cup (150g) sugar on medium speed until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the almond meal. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the orange juice, orange zest, baking powder and. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour until just blended..
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan..
- Gently place the plum wedges on top of the batter. Sprinkle with some caster sugar..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes..
It also has this going for it: I feel it is. This almond plum cake topped with almond crumble is a sweet and satisfying welcome to autumn baking. It's difficult to claim a favorite dessert recipe. However, if I was forced to choose a top three, this almond plum cake would definitely be on the list. For this incredibly moist almond cake, Alex demands the very best just-picked plums, which sink into the batter as they cook. "You can also make it with all kinds of seasonal fruit, like cherries or apricots," he says.