Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane.
You can have Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane
- It’s of Pastry Dough.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Almond Frangipane.
- Prepare 8 oz of slivered almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need of Apple Topping.
- You need 5 of sliced apples.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane instructions
- Mix flour and salt..
- Add butter and cold water to the dough mixture until dough clumps are pea-sized. Place the dough in a refrigerator to chill..
- Prepare sliced apples. Add citrus to keep the apples from oxidizing..
- Turn the pastry dough until it forms a ball then roll it out onto a tart or pie pan. Return to chill in the refrigerator..
- Heat the oven to 375°F..
- Mix almonds, sugar, orange zest, leftover 1/4 stick of butter, and vanilla extract then blend with eggs..
- Pour the frangipane filling onto the pastry crust. Wedge the Apple slices into the filling..
- Placed over a metal tray, bake the pie for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the pastry dough puffs and the apples turn golden brown. Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before serving..
- Before step 7, bake the crust for 15 minutes prior to adding fillings for a crisper crust..