Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake. The cherry pie filling, buttery cake mix and sliced almonds already made this a winner, and the pockets of melted cream cheese just put it over the top. This bubbling cherry cobbler is one of my favorite dishes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Cake Mix Cherry Cobbler, Mmmm this stuff is tasty! Sometimes you just need something sweet! Ingredients such as canned cherry pie filling, cake mix, oats, almond extract and butter…that's it. You can cook Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake
- You need 1 box of yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 can of 15 oz cherry pie filling.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Cake Mix Cherry Cobbler couldn't be easier to make and satisfies a sweet tooth in no time at all. In a large bowl, combine the cherry pie filling and pineapple. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the filling.
Cherry Almond Cobbler Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mix cake mix,eggs,oil,sour cream,extract together til well mixed..
- Spread half the batter on bottom of greased 9×13" cake pan..
- Melt butter and mix with flour and brown sugar. Add cinnamon as well..
- Next spread half the pie filling on top of batter. Sprinkle some of the brown sugar topping on top of pie filling..
- Spread other half batter on top of other stuff and repeat step 5.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 min. It will appear gooey. Test cake portion with toothpick for doneness after cooling..
- Get creative i ran out of sour cream so i used fat free milk instead bout half a cup. Too sweet? Omit the brown sugar steps and drizzle with icing on top of finshed baked cake instead. Have fun!.
Spread cherry pie filling in an even layer into the bottom of the Dutch oven. Sprinkle cake mix over the pie filling; top with a layer of brown sugar. This cherry cobbler recipe is made with thickened canned cherries and a cake batter topping made from scratch. Enjoy this homey delight for dessert. Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.