Apple Pie Baked Beans. These are some seriously next-level baked beans! Dutch oven, cook bacon over campfire until crisp. Return bacon to pan; stir in baked beans, pie filling, root beer and, if desired, ancho chili pepper; Cover Dutch oven.
The staffs there were nice and attentive but not overbearing. Maple-Apple Baked Beans Recipe – Allrecipes.comThis is an old French-Canadian recipe. We use pure maple syrup, but it's the apple slices that make this my favorite recipe for baked beans. You can cook Apple Pie Baked Beans using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Baked Beans
- Prepare 48 oz of jar great northern beans (or your choice) (drained).
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 of large baking apples – peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of apple pie spice (or nutmeg).
- You need 1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of molasses.
- You need 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 4-5 slices of bacon.
Cooks.com – Recipes – Cake Mix Apple Pie Filling. I LOVE beans, my husband does not! Long ago, and in what seems like a far away land (before marriage), my husband hated beans. Baked Beans are one of my favorite foods and I couldn't understand what it was he didn't like.
Apple Pie Baked Beans step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray..
- In large skillet, melt butter, add diced apples and diced onion then cook until tender (about 5 minutes)..
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, stir until well combined..
- Cook until sugar is melted..
- Stir in ketchup, molasses, vinegar. Stir well..
- Add beans and mix well..
- Place bacon slices over the top..
- Pour mixture into the prepared 2 quart casserole..
- Bake in a 400F oven for about 45 mins-1 hour..
- Crock Pot Instructions: Spray the crock pot with cooking spray. Sautee apples and onions in a large skillet then place all ingredients in a crock pot or slow-cooker. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4 hours..
I was trying to find a good baked bean recipe to bring over to a friends house for a party. I love barbecue, and I frequent a website called The Smoke Ring. The members on the site kept saying over and over again that Keri's Baked Beans were the best, so I decided to give them a try. Let me tell you, they are the BEST. Don't let the apple pie filling scare you.