Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets. The Healthy Option As Delicious As It Is Easy To Prepare—Try Healthy Choice®! Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Nuggets. Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets step by step.
These sweet and spicy chicken nuggets are simply delicious and finger-licking good. Get this Korean recipe from Cathlyn's Korean Kitchen at PBS Food. Switching up Monday night with my (oven-fried) Coconut Popcorn Chicken. You can have Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets
- It’s of Boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Bread Crumbs.
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Powdered Garlic.
- You need of Oregano.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Bbq sauce (I prefer to avoid smokey tasting ones for this).
- It’s of Sweet chilli sauce.
- You need of Honey.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds (garnish).
This coconut "popcorn" chicken is breaded in sweet coconut, oven-baked, then dipped in a spicy, tangy Thai chili lime sauce. Add a creamy honey mustard sauce for an extra dip…you'll be so glad you did! This is what I call at-home takeout. After you're hooked on this Baked Sweet and Spicy Chicken, you'll wanna try Instant Pot Parmesan Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms, Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots, and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken.
Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Let chicken get to room temp (cooks better if not cold)..
- Prep 3 bases. Mix flour and dry seasonings in 1 plate (except bread crumbs and sesame seeds). I typically do about 1 tsp of each or to taste. Dry mixture is also up to you, be creative in what you add! In a separate plate, place breadcrumbs. In a 3rd plate, beat eggs. Set these all aside..
- Pat dry any excess water that may be on the chicken. Cut chicken to 1 inch cubes or less. I prefer removing any fat or skin in this recipe..
- Mix chicken into flour mix, then egg mix, and finally bread crumb mix and set aside. Between each plate pat off any excess ingredients. This is the most time consuming part, but avoid dumping all the chicken into the flour at once. Doing so makes it difficult to control the amount of ingredients put on each piece. Patience is key! Set chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil..
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes..
- In a large wok or pan mix sauces and honey on a low heat. It's up to you to decide the ratio of sauces to control the taste. I love sweet chilli sauce so I tend to add more of that. The amount also depends on the amount of chicken being made..
- Mix cooked chicken into wok and mix the sauce evenly on the chicken. Garnish if desired and serve..
So air frying the coated chicken nuggets works too. Good old ketchup, Honey Mustard Sauce or BBQ Sauce is a perfect pairing. You can also serve these with SWEET CHILLI SAUCE or Creamy AVOCADO DIP for a change. Place chicken pieces in a separate dish, and cover and toss with sweet chilli sauce. Line an oven tray with baking paper.