Cheesy Baked Mac with Bechamel Sauce. Béchamel is a standard white sauce and one of the five mother sauces of classical cuisine. This cheesy version of the classic béchamel sauce is perfect for many dishes that need a mild-flavored sauce. You can use it for macaroni and cheese, cheesy rice, vegetables, and many different pasta dishes.
Evaporated milk, hot red pepper sauce, dry mustard, eggs and a large quantity of cheese are stirred into the noodles. Filipino-style Baked Macaroni is the ultimate pasta dish! With a sweet, meaty sauce and cheesy topping, it's hearty, tasty and sure to be a crowd favorite. You can have Cheesy Baked Mac with Bechamel Sauce using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Baked Mac with Bechamel Sauce
- It’s of Meat Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo ground beef.
- You need 5 cups of water.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sliced hotdogs.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup (i used banana ketchup).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- You need 350 grams of pasta (macaroni or zita penne).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Bechamel Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- Prepare of Extra Topping.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated cheese.
Last month, I asked Kawaling Pinoy readers to share their favorite holiday meals, and one dish that came up more than any was baked macaroni. CLASSIC BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE IN A BECHAMEL SAUCE. For the Mac: Béchamel sauce (and in turn, cheese sauce) was one of the first things I ever learned to make when I was a young teenager starting to cook. My mom used to make cheese sauce often to be baked with cooked pasta into a delicious macaroni and cheese layered with fresh tomatoes.
Cheesy Baked Mac with Bechamel Sauce step by step
- Prepare the beef. Blanch the ground beef in water. Once the water evaporates and only about half of it remains, season with salt and pepper. When there’s only very little water left, season with cayenne, paprika and oregano. Add half a tablespoon of soy sauce. You may add salt and pepper if you prefer more. Set aside..
- Sauté the garlic and onion in butter/margarine. Add in the sliced hotdogs. Once the hotdogs are half-cooked, add in the sliced tomatoes. Let the tomatoes soften in form then pour in the tomato sauce, ketchup and the remaining soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper as preferred. Add the ground beef and continue stirring for 5-10mins. Set aside..
- Boil some water in a pan. Once boiling, put in butter and salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Strain to remove water. Mix the pasta and sauce and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius..
- Melt the butter/margarine in a pan. Add the flour and continue mixing until there are no lumps. TIP: sift the flour into the pan so that the flour won’t get too lumpy. Pour the milk and add the grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Continue stirring until thick. Set aside..
- Prepare the baking pan / glass baking dish. Put in one layer or half of the pasta with sauce. Spread half of the bechamel sauce. Add half of the grated cheese. Layer the remaining pasta. Add the remaining bechamel sauce. Spread the remaining grated cheese especially on uncovered areas if there are any..
- Baked in the oven for 20mins or until the the top melts and darkens a bit..
- Serve hot or chillled. To reheat, just slide it in the microwave for a few minutes! Enjoy!.
The best baked mac and cheese is incredibly cheesy, with plenty of gooeyness, cheesy stretch, and flavor. Here, we look at two methods: a classic béchamel-based approach that's extra cheesy, and a modern (and equally extra cheesy) recipe that uses the emulsifying powers of sodium citrate. In either case, you'll walk away with an incredible version of the dish. This Cheesy Baked Rigatoni uses a bechamel sauce made with butter, milk, flour, and a touch of nutmeg. When the pasta is covered in bechamel suace, it stays moist and rich when baked.